Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we all understand that having a stable broadband Internet connection throughout our homes is more important than ever before. Specifically, rural internet households throughout New England. With more of the workforce and society operating online now than ever before, a stable rural internet connection is becoming a basic household necessity that everyone deserves access to. Communities throughout the rural states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont require reliable broadband internet and the Federal Government is taking notice.
Therefore, the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is introducing the Affordable Connectivity Program to help rural internet households who are struggling to afford broadband internet service. Below, we break down the details and benefits of this program as well as how to apply.
Rural Internet Support: How Does The Benefit Work?
The Affordable Connectivity Program will provide support to rural internet users and households all over the country in the following ways.
- Discount of $50 per month towards broadband internet service for eligible households
- Up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal Lands
- One time discount up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers
Rural Internet Benefit: Am I Eligible?
In order to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program a member of a household must meet one of the following criteria below.
- Income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or receives assistance through programs such as SNAP, Medicaid or Lifeline
- Currently receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or school breakfast program including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29th, 2020 and the household had a total 2020 income below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Meets the eligibility requirements for a participating broadband internet provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How Do I Apply?
Trailrunner Broadband Internet is proud to be working with the FCC to integrate this program for all eligible households. We believe providing a stable connection to households is a right that everyone deserves. Applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program will allow rural internet households to have access to the internet connection they can depend on.
Visit our Affordable Connectivity Program Page and you can start applying for this benefit today.