Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fixed Wireless?
Fixed wireless is an evolution in cellular technology that utilizes excess spectrum on 4G cellular networks to deliver high speed internet to your home or office. Similar to how a cell phone works, a signal is sent from a network tower to the fixed wireless receiver installed at your home or office. The receiver then provides a high-speed wi-fi connection. By eliminating the need for the “last mile” of fiber, fixed wireless makes high-speed internet a reality in rural areas.
Why would I want Fixed Wireless internet?
Fast, reliable, and affordable, fixed wireless is a great option for high speed internet. It is much faster than DSL and does not require a fiber connection. It can also serve as an excellent secondary or back up connection for failover purposes. Once you are qualified for service, we will determine what equipment is best suited for your location to ensure you are receiving the best quality service possible.
How is Fixed Wireless installed?
Fixed wireless receivers are either installed indoors or outdoors. Once you are qualified for service, we will determine what equipment is best suited for your location to ensure you are receiving the best quality service possible.
Can I use my own device to get this service?
We require all customers to utilize the products installed by our professionals to ensure optimal quality.
How do I find out if service is available in my area?
Use our Coverage Check feature to see if you are in our service area.
How much does it cost?
We have a variety of plans to meet your budget and usage needs. Visit our Trailrunner Wireless Service Plans page to find the plan best for you.
Can I sign up for part of the year?
Trailrunner Wireless offers a LTE Seasonal Plan. Users must choose LTE Essential, LTE Premium or LTE Unlimited service for at least 6 months of the year to qualify.
How do I sign up?
Please contact us at email@example.com, call us at (207) 761-4286 or Use our Coverage Check feature to see if you are in our service area.
How can I reduce my data usage?
Some tips to reduce your data usage include: turning off your devices when they are not in use to prevent background programs from running; checking your cell phone to see if it’s using data in the background when connected to your network; and keep in mind that standard definition videos use approximately 1GB of data an hour and high definition can use up to 3GB per hour.
What if I go over my data usage?
For additional usage you may purchase 5GB for $25 via our portal or contact us to upgrade your plan.
Technical Assistance FAQ
Having trouble connecting? Read through our checklist to find solutions to common issues.
- Have you paid your bill? If your bill has not been paid, you will automatically be shut off of service.
- Is your computer trying to connect to the right network? Did you enter the Wi-Fi password correctly? Keep in mind, passwords are case sensitive.
- Check the lights on your router, are they red? If so, properly power cycle the device.
- For indoor routers, simply turn off the device via the power button in the back, wait approximately 10 second and power back on. Allow anywhere from 5-10 minutes for the device to establish a connection.
- For outdoor setups, unplug the outdoor router from the wall, wait approximately 10 seconds, and plug back in. Allow anywhere from 5-10 minutes to allow for the device to establish a connection. If you are still seeing a red internet light, please contact us.
What if I have a service issue I cannot resolve?
Please contact our Customer Service team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (207) 761.4286